The office has accommodation facilities on campus for its international guests and students and the facilities are all well-furnished. The International Relations Office has 7 guest houses with a capacity of accommodating about 30 international guests.
accommodation for international guests and students is organized by the International Relations Office in agreement with guest/ partner institutions. The International Relations Office is informed in advance by partner institutions before students commence their studies at Kyambogo.
The International Office also, occasionally, facilitates accommodation in privately owned apartments outside campus. The University ensures that all international students, guests, staff and visiting professors and their property are safe.
We have affordable fully furnished housing facilities on campus with a regular cleaner to ensure hygiene and a Custodian to provide security and be your first contact the residence. We also have laundry services at a fair price.
- The residents are responsible for reporting any damages the house and property as soon as they occur to the KyU International Office.
- The tenant will be responsible for looking after the property in their custody. And in the event that damages caused by the tenants, you may be required to pay the repair.
- Preserve water and electricity as much as possible. Do not leave the water heater on after finishing showering.
- The University will provide cleaning of the house twice a week. The residents will pay Ushs 7000 to the cleaner for laundry.
- You may be required to pay for any damages done to the house or property.
- Do not leave the keys to the house with anyone besides other tenants of the house, caretaker of the house, or staff at international office.
- Do not invite people you do not know into the house. Boda boda and Uber drivers should be paid before entering the house.
- Visitors are not allowed in the house beyond 1900hrs.
- Having house guests from abroad should be cleared by The International Relations Office. Additional charges may apply.
Inform the caretaker if the house will be left empty for more than three hours after 18:00
Issues related to health and security
- When leaving the house, make sure that your valuables are locked in the room, or out of sight. Do not leave your valuables near the window.
- Be cautious on time of movement. Do not walk alone after dark.
- Avoid large crowds and demonstrations, especially during election time.
- Do not drink tap water
Accommodation rates per month per person
Single room occupancy $280
Double room occupancy $180
Upon arrival, all our guests that seek to be accommodated on campus are required to sign our tenancy agreement.
Accommodation for international students is organized by the university in agreement...ENROLL